Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour
From 1* pax.
*Up to 200 people 🙂
see price list below
Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour
The Royal Palace of Madrid, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish royal family. It is located in the heart of Madrid, Spain, and is one of the city’s major landmarks. The palace is open to the public for guided tours, including private tours that offer a more personalized and exclusive experience.
The Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour allows you to explore the palace at your own pace with a knowledgeable guide, offering a more intimate and in-depth visit.
During a private tour, you can expect to see the various rooms and areas of the palace, including the State Rooms, the Royal Chapel, the Throne Room, the Royal Armory, and the Royal Pharmacy. The State Rooms are particularly impressive, featuring opulent decorations, exquisite artwork, and luxurious furnishings. The Royal Armory displays a collection of historical weapons and armor, while the Royal Pharmacy showcases an extensive collection of antique pharmaceutical objects.
Your guide will provide detailed explanations about the history, art, and architecture of the palace, sharing fascinating stories and insights about the Spanish monarchy. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have and tailor the tour to your specific interests.
The Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour offers several advantages. You can avoid the crowds often encountered during regular public tours, allowing for a more relaxed and personalized experience. You can also choose the duration of the tour, depending on your preferences and schedule.
Discover the most important works of the The Royal Palace with our expert guides!
Personalized tour according to the expert tour guide (always a tour that covers, in the most convenient order to maximize the time of the visit, the most important points of Royal Palace Madrid), as well as open to suggestions and requests from customers.
PricingRoyal Palace Private Tour Madrid
1 person: €313
2 people: €313
3 people: €343
4 people: €364
5 people: €384
6 people: €405
7 people: €471
8 people: €492
9 people: €513
10 people: €534
Meeting Point (if no other is indicated)
Get in touch with our team!
Fill out this form and we will contact you:
Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour: Top Things to See, Do, Buy, & Eat
The Royal Palace of Madrid, located in the heart of Spain’s capital city, is a magnificent architectural masterpiece and a significant symbol of Spanish history and culture. As the official residence of the Spanish royal family, the palace stands as a testament to the country’s rich heritage and regal splendor.
Built in the 18th century, the Royal Palace is an exemplary blend of Baroque and Neoclassical styles. Its grand facades, adorned with intricate carvings and statues, command attention and inspire awe. The palace’s sheer size is impressive, with over 3,400 rooms spread across its vast expanse. While not all of these rooms are accessible to the public, the ones that are reveal a treasure trove of opulence, artistry, and historical significance.
Art enthusiasts will find themselves captivated by the palace’s art collection, which features masterpieces by renowned painters such as Goya, Velázquez, and Caravaggio. The stunning artworks on display span various genres and styles, offering a glimpse into the rich artistic heritage of Spain.
In addition to its historical and artistic significance, the Royal Palace offers captivating views of Madrid from its expansive courtyards and gardens. The Sabatini Gardens, named after the architect who designed them, provide a serene oasis in the heart of the bustling city, with meticulously manicured hedges, fountains, and statues.
Visiting the Royal Palace of Madrid is a truly immersive experience that allows you to step into the world of Spanish royalty and witness the grandeur and cultural heritage that define the country. The palace’s architectural magnificence, artistic treasures, and rich history are sure to leave a lasting impression.
Why to do the Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour?
The Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour offers a unique and exclusive experience that allows you to explore one of Europe’s most iconic royal residences. Here are some reasons why you might consider taking this tour:
1. Historical Significance: The Royal Palace of Madrid is not only an architectural masterpiece but also holds immense historical significance. It has served as the official residence of the Spanish royal family for centuries and has witnessed numerous significant events in Spanish history. Exploring the palace will give you insights into the country’s rich heritage and culture.
2. Unique Architecture and Art: The Royal Palace is renowned for its stunning architecture and exquisite interior design. The tour allows you to admire the grandeur and opulence of the palace, including its lavish halls, grand staircases, and beautifully decorated rooms. You’ll have the opportunity to appreciate the intricate details of the palace’s artwork, including paintings, tapestries, frescoes, and sculptures.
3. Exclusive Access: Opting for a private tour ensures that you have exclusive access to the palace and its surroundings. You can enjoy a more personalized experience as you explore the palace at your own pace. The guide can provide in-depth information, answer your questions, and tailor the tour to your specific interests.
4. Avoid Crowds: The Royal Palace is a popular tourist attraction, and it can get quite crowded, especially during peak hours. By booking a private tour, you can avoid the crowds and have a more intimate experience. This allows you to fully appreciate the palace’s beauty and take your time to explore without feeling rushed.
5. Customized Experience: Private tours offer flexibility in terms of timing and itinerary. You can choose the duration of the tour, select specific areas of the palace you are most interested in, and even combine it with other attractions in Madrid. The guide can provide personalized commentary and adapt the tour to your preferences, making it a memorable and tailored experience.
6. Enhanced Learning: With a private tour guide, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the history, art, and culture associated with the Royal Palace. The guide can provide interesting anecdotes, historical context, and insider knowledge, enriching your understanding and appreciation of the palace’s significance.
Overall, the Royal Palace Madrid Private Tour offers an exclusive and immersive experience, allowing you to delve into Spain’s royal heritage, marvel at architectural splendor, and appreciate the palace’s artistic treasures. It’s a fantastic opportunity to create lasting memories and gain a deeper understanding of Madrid’s history.
What to eat in Madrid?
Madrid is known for its vibrant culinary scene, offering a wide array of delicious dishes and specialties. Here are some must-try foods when in Madrid:
- Tapas: Madrid is famous for its tapas culture. These small, flavorful dishes are perfect for sharing and trying a variety of flavors. Some popular tapas include patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy sauce), croquetas (deep-fried creamy croquettes), and Spanish omelette (potato and egg dish).
- Jamón Ibérico: Spain is renowned for its cured ham, and Jamón Ibérico is a prized delicacy. Enjoy thin slices of this exquisite, melt-in-your-mouth ham, often served with bread or as part of a tapas spread.
- Cocido Madrileño: This hearty traditional stew is a must-try in Madrid. It typically consists of chickpeas, various meats (such as beef, pork, and chicken), vegetables, and flavorful broth. It’s a comforting and filling dish, perfect for colder days.
- Bocadillo de Calamares: Madrid’s iconic sandwich filled with crispy fried squid rings is a local favorite. Served in a crusty baguette and often accompanied by a squeeze of lemon, it’s a delicious street food option.
- Churros con Chocolate: Indulge in a sweet treat with churros, deep-fried dough sticks dusted with sugar, and served with a cup of thick hot chocolate for dipping. It’s a popular choice for breakfast or as a snack.
- Tortilla de Patatas: This classic Spanish dish is a thick omelette made with eggs and potatoes. It’s often served as a tapa or in a sandwich. The combination of creamy potatoes and eggs is simply delicious.
- Pimientos de Padrón: These small green peppers are fried and sprinkled with sea salt. They are served as a popular tapa and have a mild flavor, but occasionally you might encounter a spicy one, adding a surprise element to the dish.
- Gambas al Ajillo: Garlic shrimp is a staple in Spanish cuisine. Sautéed in olive oil, garlic, and chili, these succulent shrimp make for a flavorful and aromatic dish.
- Rabo de Toro: This traditional dish consists of braised oxtail stewed with vegetables and spices until it becomes tender and rich in flavor. It’s a hearty and satisfying option for meat lovers.
- Pastel de Nata: Although originally from Portugal, these creamy custard tarts have gained popularity in Madrid. They have a flaky pastry crust and a sweet custard filling, often enjoyed with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These are just a few highlights of the delectable food scene in Madrid. Exploring local markets, tapas bars, and traditional restaurants will open up a world of culinary delights during your visit.
Must see places when visiting Madrid
When visiting Madrid, there are several must-see places that showcase the city’s rich history, culture, and architectural wonders. Here are some of the top places to visit in Madrid:
1. Royal Palace (Palacio Real): Explore the magnificent official residence of the Spanish Royal Family, featuring stunning architecture, opulent rooms, and beautiful gardens.
2. Prado Museum (Museo del Prado): Discover one of the world’s most renowned art museums, housing an impressive collection of European masterpieces, including works by Goya, Velázquez, and El Greco.
3. Puerta del Sol: Visit the bustling heart of Madrid, known for its iconic clock tower and the famous “Kilometer Zero” marker, symbolizing the center of the city and the starting point of Spain’s national roads.
4. Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro): Relax in this expansive park, known as the “green lung” of Madrid. Take a leisurely stroll, rent a rowboat on the park’s lake, or admire the Crystal Palace and the stunning gardens.
5. Plaza Mayor: Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this historic square, lined with picturesque buildings and filled with cafes, restaurants, and shops. It’s a great place to soak up the ambiance of Madrid.
6. Reina Sofia Museum (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia): Explore this modern art museum, home to an extensive collection of 20th-century art, including Picasso’s famous painting, “Guernica.”
7. Gran Via: Wander along Madrid’s bustling and lively main avenue, filled with shops, theaters, restaurants, and iconic buildings. It’s known for its vibrant nightlife and impressive architecture.
8. Temple of Debod (Templo de Debod): Visit this ancient Egyptian temple that was gifted to Spain and reassembled in Madrid. It offers beautiful views of the city and stunning sunsets.
9. San Miguel Market (Mercado de San Miguel): Indulge in the culinary delights of this vibrant food market, where you can savor a variety of Spanish tapas, fresh produce, and gourmet treats.
10. Santiago Bernabeu Stadium: For football enthusiasts, a visit to the home stadium of Real Madrid is a must. Take a tour of the iconic stadium, explore the trophy room, and walk in the footsteps of football legends.
These are just a few of the many remarkable places to visit in Madrid. The city offers a diverse range of attractions that cater to history buffs, art lovers, foodies, and sports enthusiasts alike, ensuring a memorable and enriching experience.
Why choose us?
There are several compelling reasons to choose Wonder Tours:
- Personalized Experience: With our private tours, you have the undivided attention of a knowledgeable guide who can tailor the experience to your interests. You can ask questions, delve deeper into specific aspects, and explore at your own pace.
- Flexibility and Customization: Our private tours offer flexibility in terms of timing, itinerary, and duration. You can choose the attractions you want to visit, spend more time in areas that interest you, and have the freedom to adjust the tour according to your preferences.
- Exclusive Access: Our private tours allow you to access areas or attractions that may not be accessible to the general public. You can explore hidden gems, visit lesser-known sites, and enjoy a more intimate experience of the city’s old town.
- In-depth Knowledge: Your private guide will share detailed insights about the history, architecture, and cultural significance of the old town. They can provide a deeper understanding of the city’s heritage and enrich your experience with engaging stories and anecdotes.
- Personalized Recommendations: Your guide can offer personalized recommendations for dining, shopping, and other activities based on your interests and preferences. They can suggest hidden local spots, traditional eateries, or unique experiences that align with your tastes.
- Privacy and Comfort: Our private tours ensure privacy and a more intimate experience for you and your group. You can explore at your own pace, enjoy meaningful conversations with your guide, and create lasting memories without the presence of other tourists.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: During our private tours, you have greater control over health and safety measures. You can maintain social distancing, follow hygiene protocols, and have peace of mind knowing that the tour is tailored to your comfort level.
- Capture Unforgettable Moments: With our private tours, you have the flexibility to take your time and capture memorable photos of the landmarks, streets, and hidden corners of Madrid’s old town. Your guide can even assist you in finding the best photo spots.
The Madrid Old Town Private Tour offers a unique and personalized way to explore the historic heart of the city, ensuring an unforgettable experience tailored to your preferences and providing deeper insights into the rich cultural heritage of Madrid.
Overall, Wonder Tours offer a personalized, flexible, and tailored travel experience, allowing you to make the most of your trip and create lasting memories.