Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour
From 1* pax.
*Up to 200 people 🙂
see price list below
Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour
The Reina Sofía Museum Private Tour is a guided tour of the most visited art museum in Spain, the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, which houses the most important contemporary art collection in the country.
On this private tour you will be able to visit the rooms of its permanent collection where there are “El Guernica” and “Blue Woman” by Picasso, “Portrait of Luis Buñuel” and “Girl in the Window” by Dalí or “La casa de la palmera ” and “Woman and dog in front of the moon” by Miró among many other outstanding works. In addition, our expert guides will discover various curiosities about the paintings and their authors.
Discover the most important works of the Reina Sofía Museum with our expert guides!
Personalized tour according to the expert tour guide (always a tour that covers, in the most convenient order to maximize the time of the visit, the most important points of Reina Sofía Museum Madrid), as well as open to suggestions and requests from customers.
PricingReina Sofía Museum Madrid
1 person: €313
2 people: €313
3 people: €343
4 people: €364
5 people: €384
6 people: €405
7 people: €471
8 people: €492
9 people: €513
10 people: €534
Meeting Point (if no other is indicated)
Get in touch with our team!
Fill out this form and we will contact you:
Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour: Top Things to See, Do, Buy, & Eat
The Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour offers a personalized and immersive experience for art enthusiasts. The museum is renowned for its collection of contemporary and modern art, featuring works by influential artists such as Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, and Joan Miró. The tour provides the opportunity to witness iconic artworks, including Picasso’s masterpiece “Guernica”, and gain a deeper understanding of their historical and cultural significance.
With a knowledgeable guide, you can explore the museum at your own pace, focusing on specific artists or art movements that interest you the most. The private tour allows you to avoid crowds, providing a more intimate environment to appreciate the art. The guide can offer valuable insights, interpretations, and anecdotes about the artworks, enhancing your understanding and appreciation of the collection.
Overall, the Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour offers a unique and tailored experience, immersing you in the world of contemporary art and enriching your cultural understanding.
Why to do the Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour?
The Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour provides a unique opportunity to explore one of Spain’s most renowned contemporary art museums. There are several compelling reasons why you might choose to do the Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour:
1. World-Class Art Collection: The Reina Sofía Museum is home to an impressive collection of contemporary and modern art, featuring works by some of the most influential artists of the 20th and 21st centuries. The museum’s collection includes masterpieces by renowned artists like Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró, and many others. Exploring the museum allows you to appreciate a wide range of artistic movements, including Cubism, Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism, and more.
2. Iconic Artworks: The Reina Sofía Museum is best known for housing Pablo Picasso’s iconic masterpiece, “Guernica.” This monumental painting is a powerful anti-war statement and a symbol of the Spanish Civil War. The tour provides an opportunity to witness this historic artwork up close and learn about its significance and impact on the art world.
3. Expert Guidance: Opting for a private tour ensures that you have a knowledgeable guide who can provide in-depth insights into the artworks and the museum’s history. The guide can offer valuable context, explanations, and interpretations of the artworks, enhancing your understanding and appreciation of the collection.
4. Personalized Experience: A private tour allows you to tailor the experience to your interests and preferences. You can focus on specific artists or art movements that intrigue you the most, spend more time examining particular works, or even explore lesser-known gems within the museum. The guide can adapt the tour to accommodate your preferences, making it a personalized and enriching experience.
5. Avoid Crowds: Like many popular museums, the Reina Sofía Museum can attract a large number of visitors, especially during peak hours. By booking a private tour, you can bypass the crowds and have a more intimate and tranquil experience. This enables you to fully immerse yourself in the art without distractions and enjoy the museum at your own pace.
6. Additional Context and Interpretation: Private tours often offer additional layers of interpretation and context. The guide can provide historical background, share interesting anecdotes about the artists and their artworks, and offer a deeper understanding of the cultural and social influences that shaped the art movements represented in the museum.
Overall, the Reina Sofía Museum Madrid Private Tour provides an exclusive and immersive experience for art enthusiasts. It allows you to discover and appreciate world-class contemporary art, gain insights into the artistic movements that have shaped the modern art landscape, and engage in a personalized exploration of the museum’s remarkable collection.
What to eat in Madrid?
Madrid is known for its vibrant culinary scene, offering a wide array of delicious dishes and specialties. Here are some must-try foods when in Madrid:
- Tapas: Madrid is famous for its tapas culture. These small, flavorful dishes are perfect for sharing and trying a variety of flavors. Some popular tapas include patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy sauce), croquetas (deep-fried creamy croquettes), and Spanish omelette (potato and egg dish).
- Jamón Ibérico: Spain is renowned for its cured ham, and Jamón Ibérico is a prized delicacy. Enjoy thin slices of this exquisite, melt-in-your-mouth ham, often served with bread or as part of a tapas spread.
- Cocido Madrileño: This hearty traditional stew is a must-try in Madrid. It typically consists of chickpeas, various meats (such as beef, pork, and chicken), vegetables, and flavorful broth. It’s a comforting and filling dish, perfect for colder days.
- Bocadillo de Calamares: Madrid’s iconic sandwich filled with crispy fried squid rings is a local favorite. Served in a crusty baguette and often accompanied by a squeeze of lemon, it’s a delicious street food option.
- Churros con Chocolate: Indulge in a sweet treat with churros, deep-fried dough sticks dusted with sugar, and served with a cup of thick hot chocolate for dipping. It’s a popular choice for breakfast or as a snack.
- Tortilla de Patatas: This classic Spanish dish is a thick omelette made with eggs and potatoes. It’s often served as a tapa or in a sandwich. The combination of creamy potatoes and eggs is simply delicious.
- Pimientos de Padrón: These small green peppers are fried and sprinkled with sea salt. They are served as a popular tapa and have a mild flavor, but occasionally you might encounter a spicy one, adding a surprise element to the dish.
- Gambas al Ajillo: Garlic shrimp is a staple in Spanish cuisine. Sautéed in olive oil, garlic, and chili, these succulent shrimp make for a flavorful and aromatic dish.
- Rabo de Toro: This traditional dish consists of braised oxtail stewed with vegetables and spices until it becomes tender and rich in flavor. It’s a hearty and satisfying option for meat lovers.
- Pastel de Nata: Although originally from Portugal, these creamy custard tarts have gained popularity in Madrid. They have a flaky pastry crust and a sweet custard filling, often enjoyed with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These are just a few highlights of the delectable food scene in Madrid. Exploring local markets, tapas bars, and traditional restaurants will open up a world of culinary delights during your visit.
Must see places when visiting Madrid
When visiting Madrid, there are several must-see places that showcase the city’s rich history, culture, and architectural wonders. Here are some of the top places to visit in Madrid:
1. Royal Palace (Palacio Real): Explore the magnificent official residence of the Spanish Royal Family, featuring stunning architecture, opulent rooms, and beautiful gardens.
2. Prado Museum (Museo del Prado): Discover one of the world’s most renowned art museums, housing an impressive collection of European masterpieces, including works by Goya, Velázquez, and El Greco.
3. Puerta del Sol: Visit the bustling heart of Madrid, known for its iconic clock tower and the famous “Kilometer Zero” marker, symbolizing the center of the city and the starting point of Spain’s national roads.
4. Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro): Relax in this expansive park, known as the “green lung” of Madrid. Take a leisurely stroll, rent a rowboat on the park’s lake, or admire the Crystal Palace and the stunning gardens.
5. Plaza Mayor: Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this historic square, lined with picturesque buildings and filled with cafes, restaurants, and shops. It’s a great place to soak up the ambiance of Madrid.
6. Reina Sofia Museum (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia): Explore this modern art museum, home to an extensive collection of 20th-century art, including Picasso’s famous painting, “Guernica.”
7. Gran Via: Wander along Madrid’s bustling and lively main avenue, filled with shops, theaters, restaurants, and iconic buildings. It’s known for its vibrant nightlife and impressive architecture.
8. Temple of Debod (Templo de Debod): Visit this ancient Egyptian temple that was gifted to Spain and reassembled in Madrid. It offers beautiful views of the city and stunning sunsets.
9. San Miguel Market (Mercado de San Miguel): Indulge in the culinary delights of this vibrant food market, where you can savor a variety of Spanish tapas, fresh produce, and gourmet treats.
10. Santiago Bernabeu Stadium: For football enthusiasts, a visit to the home stadium of Real Madrid is a must. Take a tour of the iconic stadium, explore the trophy room, and walk in the footsteps of football legends.
These are just a few of the many remarkable places to visit in Madrid. The city offers a diverse range of attractions that cater to history buffs, art lovers, foodies, and sports enthusiasts alike, ensuring a memorable and enriching experience.
Why choose us?
There are several compelling reasons to choose Wonder Tours:
- Personalized Experience: With our private tours, you have the undivided attention of a knowledgeable guide who can tailor the experience to your interests. You can ask questions, delve deeper into specific aspects, and explore at your own pace.
- Flexibility and Customization: Our private tours offer flexibility in terms of timing, itinerary, and duration. You can choose the attractions you want to visit, spend more time in areas that interest you, and have the freedom to adjust the tour according to your preferences.
- Exclusive Access: Our private tours allow you to access areas or attractions that may not be accessible to the general public. You can explore hidden gems, visit lesser-known sites, and enjoy a more intimate experience of the city’s old town.
- In-depth Knowledge: Your private guide will share detailed insights about the history, architecture, and cultural significance of the old town. They can provide a deeper understanding of the city’s heritage and enrich your experience with engaging stories and anecdotes.
- Personalized Recommendations: Your guide can offer personalized recommendations for dining, shopping, and other activities based on your interests and preferences. They can suggest hidden local spots, traditional eateries, or unique experiences that align with your tastes.
- Privacy and Comfort: Our private tours ensure privacy and a more intimate experience for you and your group. You can explore at your own pace, enjoy meaningful conversations with your guide, and create lasting memories without the presence of other tourists.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: During our private tours, you have greater control over health and safety measures. You can maintain social distancing, follow hygiene protocols, and have peace of mind knowing that the tour is tailored to your comfort level.
- Capture Unforgettable Moments: With our private tours, you have the flexibility to take your time and capture memorable photos of the landmarks, streets, and hidden corners of Madrid’s old town. Your guide can even assist you in finding the best photo spots.
The Madrid Old Town Private Tour offers a unique and personalized way to explore the historic heart of the city, ensuring an unforgettable experience tailored to your preferences and providing deeper insights into the rich cultural heritage of Madrid.
Overall, Wonder Tours offer a personalized, flexible, and tailored travel experience, allowing you to make the most of your trip and create lasting memories.