Food Tour / Tapas Tour Madrid
13:00 or 19:00 pm
Minimum 2 / No limit
Are you ready?
Food Tour / Tapas Tour Madrid
It is a Tapas Tour through Madrid. Discover the magic and charm of the city of Madrid while you enjoy some of the best dishes and typical tapas of Spanish gastronomy.
Madrid is one of those cities that must be discovered with someone who lives and breathes the essence of the capital. We know the most important streets and places in the historic center, so during this experience we will share time in the bars and restaurants where the people of Madrid go daily to have their tapas and typical dishes, talk and have a good time.
From the most emblematic and well-known streets of the city to the most hidden corners, we will show you Madrid and the local and national gastronomic culture through this tour we will visit places whose daily essence is magic in the eyes of visitors. Sites that very few people get to know in just a few days.
We will dedicate time to socialize and get to know each other. I hope that this tapas route allows us to connect as human beings, turning this experience into one of the unforgettable moments of your visit to Madrid.
‘Madrid, you sound divine, happy days of confused adolescence.’
Blas de Otero – Madrid, divinely
Get in touch with our team!
Fill out this form and we will contact you:
Madrid Food Tour: Top Things to See, Do, Buy, & Eat
The Madrid Food Tour is a culinary adventure that takes you on a gastronomic journey through the vibrant and diverse food scene of the Spanish capital. Led by knowledgeable guides who are passionate about food, the tour allows you to indulge in traditional tapas, sample regional delicacies, and discover hidden gems loved by locals.
From bustling food markets to cozy taverns and trendy eateries, you’ll experience the rich flavors, aromas, and textures of Madrid’s cuisine. Along the way, you’ll learn about the city’s culinary traditions, the history behind each dish, and the local ingredients that make them unique.
Embark on a Madrid tapas tour and discover a world of local and high-quality tapas. This tour not only celebrates traditional Spanish food but also caters to the needs of vegetarian and vegan food lovers. Explore the vibrant streets of Madrid and visit local establishments that prioritize fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Indulge in a variety of tapas, from classic Spanish dishes like patatas bravas and jamón ibérico to innovative vegetarian and vegan creations that showcase the city’s commitment to healthy and sustainable dining. Savor the flavors, textures, and aromas of each carefully crafted dish, knowing that you are experiencing the best of Madrid’s culinary scene while enjoying options that suit your dietary preferences.
Whether you’re a food enthusiast or simply looking to explore Madrid through its vibrant food culture, the Madrid food tour offers an immersive and delicious experience that will leave you with a deeper appreciation for the city’s culinary delights.
We teach you everything about our best product, Jamón Ibérico
Spanish Jamón Ibérico is a highly prized cured ham that is renowned for its exceptional flavor and quality. It is made from 100% Iberian pigs, a unique breed that is native to the Iberian Peninsula. The production process of Jamón Ibérico starts with the rearing of the pigs in extensive free-range conditions, where they roam freely and feed on a diet primarily consisting of acorns (bellota) during the Montanera season. This diet gives the ham its distinct flavor and marbling.
The pigs undergo a meticulous selection process to ensure that only the highest quality animals are used for Jamón Ibérico production. Once slaughtered, the hams undergo a lengthy curing process that can last for up to three years. This process involves salting, resting, drying, and aging in specially designed curing rooms. The natural environment of the curing rooms, with controlled temperature and humidity, allows the flavors to develop and intensify over time.
The result is a delicately marbled and tender ham with a rich, nutty flavor and a melt-in-your-mouth texture. Each slice of Jamón Ibérico is a true gastronomic delight, showcasing the expertise and craftsmanship involved in its production.
In addition to Jamón Ibérico, there are other similar products made from 100% Iberian pigs, such as Paleta Ibérica (cured Iberian pork shoulder) and Lomo Ibérico (cured Iberian pork loin). These products undergo a similar production process and offer their own unique flavors and characteristics.
Spanish Jamón Ibérico and other similar products are highly regarded for their exceptional quality and are considered a gourmet delicacy. They are a true representation of Spain’s culinary heritage and a testament to the country’s dedication to producing some of the finest cured meats in the world.
Why to do the Madrid Tapas Tour?
There are several compelling reasons to do our Madrid Tapas Tour:
- Culinary Exploration: Madrid is renowned for its vibrant tapas culture, and a tapas tour allows you to explore the city’s culinary scene and discover a variety of delicious and diverse flavors.
- Authentic Experience: Tapas are an integral part of Spanish gastronomy, and a tapas tour provides an authentic experience of enjoying these small plates of goodness like the locals do.
- High-Quality Products: Madrid is known for its commitment to using high-quality ingredients in its tapas. By joining a tapas tour, you can sample tapas made with fresh, locally sourced products, ensuring a top-notch dining experience.
- Variety of Options: Madrid’s tapas scene caters to all dietary preferences, including vegetarian and vegan options. A tapas tour allows you to taste a wide range of tapas, including traditional Spanish dishes as well as innovative plant-based creations.
- Cultural Immersion: Tapas are not just about the food; they are also a social and cultural experience. By joining a tapas tour, you can immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of tapas bars, interact with locals, and learn about the history and traditions behind these culinary delights.
- Expert Guidance: Our Tapas Tour is led by knowledgeable guide who can provide insights into the history, culture, and significance of tapas in Madrid. They can recommend the best places to eat, share stories, and enhance your overall tapas experience.
Overall, this Madrid Tapas Tour is a fantastic way to indulge in the city’s culinary delights, experience the local culture, and discover the rich flavors of Spanish cuisine in a fun and interactive way.
Must see places when visiting Madrid
When visiting Madrid, there are several must-see places that showcase the city’s rich history, culture, and architectural wonders. Here are some of the top places to visit in Madrid:
1. Royal Palace (Palacio Real): Explore the magnificent official residence of the Spanish Royal Family, featuring stunning architecture, opulent rooms, and beautiful gardens.
2. Prado Museum (Museo del Prado): Discover one of the world’s most renowned art museums, housing an impressive collection of European masterpieces, including works by Goya, Velázquez, and El Greco.
3. Puerta del Sol: Visit the bustling heart of Madrid, known for its iconic clock tower and the famous “Kilometer Zero” marker, symbolizing the center of the city and the starting point of Spain’s national roads.
4. Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro): Relax in this expansive park, known as the “green lung” of Madrid. Take a leisurely stroll, rent a rowboat on the park’s lake, or admire the Crystal Palace and the stunning gardens.
5. Plaza Mayor: Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this historic square, lined with picturesque buildings and filled with cafes, restaurants, and shops. It’s a great place to soak up the ambiance of Madrid.
6. Reina Sofia Museum (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia): Explore this modern art museum, home to an extensive collection of 20th-century art, including Picasso’s famous painting, “Guernica.”
7. Gran Via: Wander along Madrid’s bustling and lively main avenue, filled with shops, theaters, restaurants, and iconic buildings. It’s known for its vibrant nightlife and impressive architecture.
8. Temple of Debod (Templo de Debod): Visit this ancient Egyptian temple that was gifted to Spain and reassembled in Madrid. It offers beautiful views of the city and stunning sunsets.
9. San Miguel Market (Mercado de San Miguel): Indulge in the culinary delights of this vibrant food market, where you can savor a variety of Spanish tapas, fresh produce, and gourmet treats.
10. Santiago Bernabeu Stadium: For football enthusiasts, a visit to the home stadium of Real Madrid is a must. Take a tour of the iconic stadium, explore the trophy room, and walk in the footsteps of football legends.
These are just a few of the many remarkable places to visit in Madrid. The city offers a diverse range of attractions that cater to history buffs, art lovers, foodies, and sports enthusiasts alike, ensuring a memorable and enriching experience.
What to eat in Madrid?
Madrid is known for its vibrant culinary scene, offering a wide array of delicious dishes and specialties. Here are some must-try foods when in Madrid:
- Tapas: Madrid is famous for its tapas culture. These small, flavorful dishes are perfect for sharing and trying a variety of flavors. Some popular tapas include patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy sauce), croquetas (deep-fried creamy croquettes), and Spanish omelette (potato and egg dish).
- Jamón Ibérico: Spain is renowned for its cured ham, and Jamón Ibérico is a prized delicacy. Enjoy thin slices of this exquisite, melt-in-your-mouth ham, often served with bread or as part of a tapas spread.
- Cocido Madrileño: This hearty traditional stew is a must-try in Madrid. It typically consists of chickpeas, various meats (such as beef, pork, and chicken), vegetables, and flavorful broth. It’s a comforting and filling dish, perfect for colder days.
- Bocadillo de Calamares: Madrid’s iconic sandwich filled with crispy fried squid rings is a local favorite. Served in a crusty baguette and often accompanied by a squeeze of lemon, it’s a delicious street food option.
- Churros con Chocolate: Indulge in a sweet treat with churros, deep-fried dough sticks dusted with sugar, and served with a cup of thick hot chocolate for dipping. It’s a popular choice for breakfast or as a snack.
- Tortilla de Patatas: This classic Spanish dish is a thick omelette made with eggs and potatoes. It’s often served as a tapa or in a sandwich. The combination of creamy potatoes and eggs is simply delicious.
- Pimientos de Padrón: These small green peppers are fried and sprinkled with sea salt. They are served as a popular tapa and have a mild flavor, but occasionally you might encounter a spicy one, adding a surprise element to the dish.
- Gambas al Ajillo: Garlic shrimp is a staple in Spanish cuisine. Sautéed in olive oil, garlic, and chili, these succulent shrimp make for a flavorful and aromatic dish.
- Rabo de Toro: This traditional dish consists of braised oxtail stewed with vegetables and spices until it becomes tender and rich in flavor. It’s a hearty and satisfying option for meat lovers.
- Pastel de Nata: Although originally from Portugal, these creamy custard tarts have gained popularity in Madrid. They have a flaky pastry crust and a sweet custard filling, often enjoyed with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These are just a few highlights of the delectable food scene in Madrid. Exploring local markets, tapas bars, and traditional restaurants will open up a world of culinary delights during your visit.
Why choose us?
There are several advantages to choosing a Wonder Tours Experience:
- Customization: Private tours offer a high level of customization. You have the flexibility to tailor the tour itinerary according to your interests, preferences, and pace. This ensures that you can focus on the specific attractions, activities, or themes that appeal to you the most.
- Personalized Attention: With our private tour, you receive personalized attention from a knowledgeable guide. They can provide in-depth information, answer your questions, and cater to your specific needs and interests. This one-on-one interaction allows for a more enriching and immersive experience.
- Privacy and Comfort: Our Private tours provide a more intimate and private setting compared to group tours. You can explore and enjoy the attractions without the crowds and distractions. It also allows for a more relaxed and comfortable experience, as you can dictate the pace and have more control over your surroundings.
- Flexibility and Freedom: Our private tours offer greater flexibility in terms of timing and itinerary. You can start and end the tour at your preferred time, make spontaneous stops or detours, and spend more or less time at each attraction as per your preference. This freedom allows for a more personalized and enjoyable experience.
- Local Insights and Expertise: Our private tour guides are often locals or experts in the region. They possess in-depth knowledge about the history, culture, and hidden gems of the destination. Their insights and expertise can enhance your understanding and appreciation of the place, providing a deeper and more authentic travel experience.
- Efficient Use of Time: Our private tours can help optimize your time by minimizing waiting or queueing time at attractions. The guide can plan the itinerary to avoid peak hours and suggest the best routes, ensuring that you make the most of your limited time at each location.
- Safety and Security: Our private tours provide an added layer of safety and security, particularly in unfamiliar or remote areas. Your guide can navigate the surroundings, offer local advice, and ensure that you are aware of any potential risks or concerns.
- Special Experiences and Access: Our private tours often offer exclusive access to certain attractions, experiences, or events that may not be available to the general public or larger tour groups. This can include behind-the-scenes tours, private tastings, or unique interactions with locals, providing memorable moments and a deeper connection to the destination.
Overall, Wonder Tours offer a personalized, flexible, and tailored travel experience, allowing you to make the most of your trip and create lasting memories.